YOU MATTER TOO.
An unplanned pregnancy can throw everyone for a loop. Once she's missed her period, everything can change so fast. A decision for abortion, adoption, or parenting may be up to her, but women need to know your opinion, too.
The information provided on this website is for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.
Consider the following and decide together what is right for her, you, and your baby.
Do you know the risks of abortion?
Are you okay with your significant other having to take those risks?
Are you okay with the guilt you both will feel from abortion?
Do you really know what happens during an abortion?
Did you know the baby's heart is beating 21 days after fertilization?
Have you considered adoption?
Is it worth ending the life of a baby to avoid being a father?
Information taken from Bethany Christian Services, "Your Girlfriend And Abortion"
Here are a few steps you can take to making the best choice--together.
1. Make sure she's pregnant. Offer to go with her to the appointment.
2. Learn about your options. You are both now parents. What does it mean?
3. Listen to her. What is she feeling? What excites her? What is she afraid of?
4. Share your thoughts and feelings. Think it over. She needs to know how you feel, too.
5. Let her know how important she is to you. Don't pressure her into a decision or check out of the situation. Explore your options together and get the help you need to make your relationship better than ever.